THE LIONS YOUNG LEADERS IN SERVICE AWARD (YLIS)
The activities are in a number of different categories – all the hours can be from the same activity or from a variety of services. Categories include service to the young, helping at school clubs, or Brownies; Rainbows, or cubs and beavers; helping the elderly, family members or the homeless and hungry. It could also include protecting our environment. Young people may also wish to assist our local Lions club in fundraising or welfare activities. All these activities count as hours towards their award.
The Lions YLiS award is sponsored by local Lions clubs. The awards available are as follows:
- 100 hours of service = Gold Award
- 50 hours of service = Silver Award
The benefits for young people taking part:
- They will experience the rewards of community service
- Achieve significant levels of community involvement
- Receive a congratulation letter, a certificate and a badge
- Recognition as a youth recipient at a presentation evening
- Have a certificate for their CV or record of achievement
If you are, or know of, a young person who might qualify for this scheme please let us know and we will gladly let you have more information and a registration form.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org